Terms and Conditions For The Competition
Prize = Win an opportunity to have your manuscript published by Sera Blue
- This Promotional Competition is organised by SERA BLUE (Pty) Limited (Registration Number: _____) (“SB”). SB is the ______________ (Can add any further details you may deem necessary for the customer to know).
- The Promotional Competition is open to permanent residents and citizens of South Africa of all ages who are in possession of a valid South African Identity Document, except any employee, director, member, partner, agent or consultant or any person directly or indirectly who controls or is controlled by SB and/or immediate family members of any employee, director, member, partner, agent or consultant of or person indirectly or directly in control or controlled by SB, their advertising agencies, advisers, dealers, supplier, its affiliates and/or associated companies (“Disqualified Persons”).
- By entering the Promotional Competition, all Participants agree to be bound by these rules, which will be interpreted by SB, whose decision regarding any dispute will be final and binding. SB reserve the right to amend, modify, change, postpone, suspend or cancel this Promotional Competition and any Prizes or any aspect thereof, without notice at any time, for any reason that the Promoters reasonably deem necessary.
- The Promotional Competition commences at 12:00noon on 7 th May 2016 and ends at 12:00noon on 7 th December 2016 (“the Competition Period”).
- SB will, at the conclusion of the Competition Period, give away the Prize to a duly deserving Participant.
- SB will, at the commencement of the Competition Period, make announcements on the SB Website (include the name of SeraBlue’s Facebook page and any other social media platforms should you wish) requiring Participants to register for the Prize Competition.
- Participants who wish to participate in and enter the Prize Competition will be required to take the following steps in order to enter:
- The Participant will ________________(Here is where you state how willing participants may enter the competition. For example: “...will have to access the SB Website and or ____ bookstore and purchase a copy of_____, a book published by SB”)
- The Participant must, after successfully purchasing the item referred to in 6.1 above, email the following to the offices of SB at firstname.lastname@example.org:
- (some sort of proof of purchase)
- (a complete manuscript)
- Participants may only enter one manuscript per proof of purchase. Participants may not enter nor submit the same manuscript twice. A participant is limited to a maximum of 3 entries.
- Participants may, within a period of 7 business days from the date of submission, approach SB at email@example.com, should they wish to withdraw a submitted manuscript for the purposes of entering a different manuscript thereto. Failing which, Participants must re-enter the Competition by following the procedure set out in 7 above.
The Competition Prize is an opportunity to have the winner’s manuscript published by SB
- The Winner of the Competition will be the carefully chosen by our independent judges after the close of the Competition Period on 7 December 2016.
- The Winner of the Grand Prize will be announced on the SB Webpage (and any other social media platform SB may wish as with paragraph 6) at 12:00 noon on 28 February 2017 (“Announcement Date”).
- The judges will carefully peruse all entries and after the deliberation process, will select the best manuscript from the submissions based on a criteria determined by aforementioned judges and approved by the independent auditor.
- Subject to the volume of entries by participants or subject to unforeseen circumstances, SB reserves the right to announce the winner on a date alternate to the date provided in 10 above.
- SB reserves the right to verify the information and personal details provided.
- The decision of SB and the judges is final and SB shall not enter into any correspondence about the result.
- SB accepts no responsibility for entries lost, misdirected, illegible, late, mutilated or altered.
- Entries that do not comply with these terms and conditions will be disqualified.
- SB or its agents will notify the Winner on the Announcement Date subject to paragraph 12 above. Should SB not be able to contact the winner via telephone or e-mail for a period of 15 (fifteen) days, then SB will not be obliged to deliver the Prize to the Winner, and may at its sole and unfettered election decide to choose another Winner or not give away the Prize.
- The Prize must be taken as stated and may not be deferred. There will be no cash alternatives. SB shall not be liable for any disruption to the Promotional Competition, whether due to technical problems or otherwise, which is beyond its reasonable control.
- SB cannot and does not accept any responsibility whatsoever for any technical failure or malfunction or any problem which may result in any competition entry not being properly registered.
- The winner of the Competition will acquire the option to enter into a publishing agreement with SB and in doing so may:
- Be obliged to grant SB the sole and exclusive right to publish (including print, publish and sell) the winning manuscript (body of work).
- Be obliged to grant SB the right to make any necessary revisions and alterations to the body of work following discussions between SB and the winner.
- By entering the Promotional Competition, the Participants’ warrant that the information provided to SB and/or its agents in respect of their entry is correct and truthful and original. Any breach of this warranty will allow SB, with immediate effect, to disqualify the Participant from taking part or claiming any Prize in terms of this Promotional Competition.
- All information relating to this Promotional Competition and published on any promotional or advertising material forms part of these terms and conditions.
- SB may want to film, photograph or otherwise record the Winner of the Promotional Competition and by any means. Participants are hereby informed that they will be invited to permit the use of their image in marketing material, or to participate in marketing activity of SB. The Participants are hereby made aware that they have a right to decline such invitation.
- SB, its directors, members, partners, employees, agents, consultants, suppliers, contractors and sponsors assume no liability whatsoever for any direct or indirect loss or damage arising from a Participant's participation in this Promotional Competition or for any loss or damage, howsoever arising.
- If any court of competent authority decides that any of the provisions of these Rules are invalid, unlawful or unenforceable to any extent, the Rule will, to that extent only, be severed from the remaining Rules, which will continue to be valid.
- By entering the Promotional Competition, you agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless SB, its directors, employees and agents, from and against any and all claims, damages, losses, liabilities, costs or expenses (including but not limited to legal fees) arising from: (i) your breach of any of the terms contained herein; (ii) your breach of any third party rights, including without limitation any copyright, intellectual property, or privacy right; (iii) your breach of any laws and regulation in creating, posting and/or subsequently amending your submissions; or (iii) any claim that any one of your submissions caused damage to a third party. This indemnity shall have no limit in time.
- Participants also agree that SB, its affiliates, partners, subsidiaries, officers, directors, agents, employees and all entities associated with the development and execution of this Promotional Competition are not responsible or liable for any injury or damage to a Participant’s or third person's computer related to or resulting from the Promotional Competition, the submission and/or its prizes. SB is not liable for damage to a Participant's computer system (including, without limitation, any server failure or lost, delayed or corrupted data or other malfunction) due, either directly or indirectly, to a Participant’s participation in the Promotional Competition or downloading of information in connection with the Competition. SB reserves the right to modify or cancel the Promotional Competition in the event that any portion of any website or software program used to administer any aspect of the Promotional Competition becomes technically corrupted or unusable.
- If you have any queries about the manner in which the Promotional Competition is administered, how your data is used by SB and/or should you require us to remove your email address from our systems, please contact: (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- A copy of the competition rules will be available at: www.serablue.com/termsandconditions.html
- The Participants warrant that the material produced in respect of the competition does not infringe upon the, or violate any, intellectual Property Rights or Copyrights of any third party.
- All SB’s graphics, logos, designs, page headers, icons, scripts and names are registered trademarks, trademarks or trade dress of SB, may not be used, including as part of trademarks and/or as part of domain names, in connection with any material produced as a result of this competition or in any manner that is likely to cause confusion and may not be copied, imitated, or used, in whole or in part, without the prior written permission of the SB. (If applicable)
- SB does not claim ownership of your submission to the Promotional Competition; but by submitting an entry, you are granting SB and its affiliated companies the worldwide, non-exclusive, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, unconditional, fully paid-up rights to publish your name or alias in connection with this Promotional Competition and your contributions.
- Participants understand and agree that their submission may be posted and publicly viewable. By providing a submission, the Participant grants SB and its affiliated companies the right, except where prohibited by law, to use your name for Promotional Competition purposes in promoting or publicizing the Promotional Competition, including right to name the Winner(s) of the Prize(s) in public. SB, however, does not have any obligation to use the winning entries for any purpose. Details of the Winner(s) may also be announced on SB’s or its affiliated company’s websites and any other media properties that it chooses. SB, acting reasonably, retains the right to delay the timing of the publication of the Winners of the Competition.